Pan's Plethora

The mind bubbles forth.

11.08.2005

The Impediment of Old Work
Now it is true that work stored under the bed becomes a drag to progress. Five year old work can be displayed is if new to a new audience, (wink yourself). A large drawing on my wall was sold in the past and returned when the folks left this life. I havn't used a gallery since 1983, and I havn't done any large painting since 1997 when I did a 10 painting series for a show. Most of what sells has been the drawings, some done with ink wash.
Since my involvment with computer graphics and animation 15 years ago, the hands-on work has taken a back seat. My body has suffered and my exposure to the world and the real elements has diminished . This past year, 2005, has changed all of that as I began to let the computer work go and to think of myself as in retirement (sort of).
It's like, "time to go find your own feathers!"
Everything is an expression of some interpretation of the moment and of course, the viewer makes it their own.

On another note:
I have a great friend who has recently inherited an orchard north of Mt Hood and is in the process of moving there as we speak. Mt Hood? Parkdale? something like that, Anyway. Looks like a trip west next year could become a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home